Friday, April 4, 2008

Walmart Thoughts

Did the Walmart thing today... here are a few of the thoughts that came and went through my mind....

1. "Wow, this is so much easier with no child reaching for everything on the shelves, begging for a cookie, throwing pillsbury biscuit packages on the floor and busting them open, screaming at the top of her lungs, etc etc! I do kinda miss her company though. Still, might as well take advantage of having a trip to Walmart to myself and take my time!" (sssh... don't tell Grandma I said that. Oh wait- she reads my blog sometimes! Oh well, she won't really care. She's great that way.)

2. "I love Walmart! Oh my goodness, did I just actually think that? I don't love Walmart! Or do I? Hmmmm, hard to say... I guess I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart. I bet in reality every woman does. So much to buy! So much to look at! So much to wonder what I could possibly use it for! But the crowds. And the gazillion dollar bill at the end for a cartload of stuff that will just get eaten and thrown away, and used up, oh! and don't forget flushed...well you get the idea. "

3. "I really need to blog today- I haven't blogged in forever. Oh hey! I could blog about what I thought about at Walmart today!"

4. "I love my iphone! Look at how handy it is to be able to stop what I am doing and make a note on my little notepad on my iphone about all the things I have thought at walmart so I can blog them."

5. "I've got the love of Jesus, love of Jesus, down in my heart, down in my heart, down in my heart... wow that song is making me tear up for some weird reason- how did that song even get in my head anyway? Now I am almost crying right here in the baby section over a children's song. People are going to think I am a crazy woman. Oh well, won't be the first time. "

6. "These are some really cute little girls clothes! I am buying this little pink skirt for Anna. I hope it fits since she is growing so fast I can't keep up with what size she needs. I tell you what though... (yes I really do talk to myself that way in my head.) I am super irritated that the little girl croc shoe knock-offs aren't better this year. They were so cute last year and I didn't buy them and now stupid old Walmart has dumb ones with weird ovals instead of circle holes."

7. "Ahhhhhh!!! What the hell is that touching my foot! OH MY HEAVENS IT FEELS FURRY! Oh... wait.. its just a piece of plastic from a box. Wow... that was close."

8. "Holy crap- I hope I didn't spend more than my budget...again...."

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hilarious! You know how I feel about Wal-Mart. My blog would be filled with curse words and not nice things to say about people. Hmm..maybe I should blog about Wal-Mart...

Anonymous said...

I completely relate with this blog...however, I think we have established that we are both crazy, so... yeah.