My sister, Stacey, got the most exciting news! She has been accepted into the Dental Hygiene program!!!! I am so freaking proud of her and so deep down, heart-glad for her! She has worked that little tiny tail off for this and she totally deserves it. They only accept 18 students so this was a huge accomplishment. I'm her sister so I can brag as much as I want! So in honor of her acceptance, I am going to blog about her today! (: What better reward can a person get then to appear in my blog, right?
So my little sister.... She has without a doubt become absolutely one of my favorite people in the whole wide world. In the last few years, I feel like we have gotten so close. She has been such an inspiration to me. I am super bad at getting paralyzed when life doesn't just automatically hand me whatever it is that I want. Not my sister. She knows what she wants out of life and she just went out and got it! I am so proud of her for just throwing caution to the wind and going back to school to accomplish her dreams. And now she is on her way! The other thing about my sister that totally inspires me and makes me wish I was more like is is her confidence in herself. She has such a confident air about her- she is sure about herself (at least she always appears that way) and she doesn't care if you like it or not! Again- totally unlike me. Sometimes I think she acts more like the older sister than I do. Stacey is a perfect mix of all the things I enjoy in a person. I told her the other day that she has all the qualities that I ever wanted in a best friend. She is super fun to just do whatever with- shopping, watching movies, talking, vegging, whatever. No worries about keeping up a conversation or filling the silence. She has a great sense of humor and has infinite patience with my craziness. Of course - that is because she is almost as neurotic as me. We keep finding new ways we are alike in our craziness. For instance, we are both afraid there will be a snake in the toilet. And she shares my hatred of storms. Things that make me crazy in the head... also make her crazy in the head! It's great to have someone that understands and shares your nuttiness. I also love the fact that we can have serious, thoughtful discussions. You know how I love my serious discussions! She is great with babies- she gets that from my mom. And she is fiercely loyal. She is usually up for anything. She has a great grasp on what is important in life. She is not materialistic, not judgemental. Stacey is one of the people that I turn to when I need an honest look at myself and whatever it is that I am struggling with. She has a very level headed, open-minded way of looking at things which helps me put things in perspective. She helps me work things out by talking it through. And she has been such a huge help to me with all the many projects I have had going lately. So to sum it all up, I am so blessed to be able to call Stacey my sister and one of my very bestest friends!
So my little sister.... She has without a doubt become absolutely one of my favorite people in the whole wide world. In the last few years, I feel like we have gotten so close. She has been such an inspiration to me. I am super bad at getting paralyzed when life doesn't just automatically hand me whatever it is that I want. Not my sister. She knows what she wants out of life and she just went out and got it! I am so proud of her for just throwing caution to the wind and going back to school to accomplish her dreams. And now she is on her way! The other thing about my sister that totally inspires me and makes me wish I was more like is is her confidence in herself. She has such a confident air about her- she is sure about herself (at least she always appears that way) and she doesn't care if you like it or not! Again- totally unlike me. Sometimes I think she acts more like the older sister than I do. Stacey is a perfect mix of all the things I enjoy in a person. I told her the other day that she has all the qualities that I ever wanted in a best friend. She is super fun to just do whatever with- shopping, watching movies, talking, vegging, whatever. No worries about keeping up a conversation or filling the silence. She has a great sense of humor and has infinite patience with my craziness. Of course - that is because she is almost as neurotic as me. We keep finding new ways we are alike in our craziness. For instance, we are both afraid there will be a snake in the toilet. And she shares my hatred of storms. Things that make me crazy in the head... also make her crazy in the head! It's great to have someone that understands and shares your nuttiness. I also love the fact that we can have serious, thoughtful discussions. You know how I love my serious discussions! She is great with babies- she gets that from my mom. And she is fiercely loyal. She is usually up for anything. She has a great grasp on what is important in life. She is not materialistic, not judgemental. Stacey is one of the people that I turn to when I need an honest look at myself and whatever it is that I am struggling with. She has a very level headed, open-minded way of looking at things which helps me put things in perspective. She helps me work things out by talking it through. And she has been such a huge help to me with all the many projects I have had going lately. So to sum it all up, I am so blessed to be able to call Stacey my sister and one of my very bestest friends!
3 comments:
Stacey,
I am so proud of you. It's such a huge accomplishment to get accepted into that program. Congratulations! Amber and I will take you out to dinner to celebrate and your meal is on me! (*some restrictions may apply*) Ha!
Way to go, sis! I knew you could do it, and I'm proud of you...
Amber, great blog and, fwiw, I agree with everything you said (except about snakes in the toilet - the odds of that actually happening are just crazy...)
Okay, that made me cry! Thanks so much for all the wonderful things you said about me, that stuff is always nice to hear. I love being your sister, and Brad's. I think we have to best family ever and I wouldn't trade anyone of us for anything! Sorry it took me so long to respond, I've been so busy and haven't had a chance to read this for awhile.
- thanks for the congrats Julie, I appreciate it!
- love ya sis
Post a Comment