Monday, July 21, 2008

This summer (so far)

Here are some random pictures of our summer so far. It is much easier keeping a toddler occupied in the summer than in the winter! Hotter, but easier.


"Swimming" on our back deck. We have spent many a morning or afternoon or both out there. Anna likes to pour water on my feet while I pretend to scream.



Watering flowers at Gma Ginny's. My mom and Dad have given Anna a love of flowers and the outdoors that I am super thankful for. At least most of the time. Not so much when she is insisting on being out, in the hot when all I want to do is be in, in the cool. But overall, thankful.




At Toyrus- taking after her Nana.





Summer can be exhausting! Here is Anna in the middle of her right before bedtime activity. Watching movies with Daddy. I always love to come home and see them asleep on the couch together like this.




For a long time I was able to trick Anna into "riding" this bane of any parent's existence. I just set her up on it for a slight second without wasting any quarters. Then Gma let her actually ride one. Thanks Grandma!




Having Emery over for a playdate. Emery is a sweetheart and he is going to teach Anna sign language!




The next few pics are all of the same place but they are so darn cute that I am leaving them all in. This is a park with fountains that evidently kids from all over the city flock to. I had no idea it was here but it is such a beautiful place and such a great place to play that we are adding it to our list of weekly visits.






At an indoor center with cousin Josh, looking at a beehive.



Playing at the library.






Riding her new tricycle before bedtime. Isn't she cute?






Anna loves loves loves to catch lightning bugs. I took a bunch of pictures of her chasing them one night but wasn't super pleased with any of them. So stay tuned for more pics next time we go out!





At the mall, eating cookies (: Apparently this picture was taken after the sugar kicked in cause she looks a little wild!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep... it's for sure, she is defintely the cutest little girl I've ever seen.

Kara said...

Wow! What a great bunch of pics of Anna! Thanks for sharing those. That water fountain place looks awesome! How come I never knew about that last Summer?

We have something a little similar here that we are going to take Little Girl to for her birthday party in a few weeks. They are called "Spray grounds" and they are all over the city and they are attached to public parks. They have all this water shooting out of the ground in crazy ways and kids can just run around and play in them to cool off in the heat! We are so excited!!

Julie said...

Love the pictures! Looks like Anna is having a great summer!