Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Picking Blueberries

We picked blueberries last week. We tried a new patch (new patch to mom anyway- I've never picked blueberries before). They were incredibly nice- letting Anna eat as many berries as she wanted right off the vine. I am surprised by how much I enjoy picking the fruit- even in the heat. Not that I want to go get a job doing it just so we're clear. Stacey went with us too, but she turned into a crazy Nazi blueberry picker the minute we got in the middle of the plants and wouldn't talk to us much. She gave us several "no talking, must pick enough blueberries to last us through a nuclear meltdown" looks. I made a sudden move towards her basket at one point and thought she was gonna take my arm off about it. She wasn't even deterred by the spiders! Girl likes her some blueberries! :) Anna picked some berries to eat but mostly she stole other people's berries (deja vu anyone?) right out of their buckets, by the handful. We all managed to come home with almost a gallon each of blueberries. We all freeze them for this winter when there is no beautiful blue sweetness to eat. I think we're all obsessed enough that we are going back out this week. They're that good!



3 comments:

Kara said...

That just looks wonderfully fun Amber!!! Your daughter is hilarious at these berry patches. Who knew you had such a thief on your hands?? Good thing she is so cute. :-)

Julie said...

Is that little angel wearing a white shirt while picking blueberries? :) So glad you had loads of fun. AND...I love the extra's you brought me. We ate them in minutes!

Stacey Stafford said...

Hey man, don't mess with my blueberries!!!