Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Here's the haps!

Ya know... I just can't really pull off the slang like some people can.... oh well.

Been absentee blogger again- been doing a lot of thinking, a little traveling, a lot of peeing (new meds make me pee all the time- I know you wanted to know that), making some lists, starting school, trying not to let the overwhelming mess of my child's toys make me crazy in the head, looking for some good ideas to organize Anna's stuff better, getting caught up on some projects that have gone by the wayside during the craziness, and things like that.

So here's what's been going on...

lots of thinking~ regarding my pit I've been in and how to pull myself back out - possible blog on that coming if it doesn't end up being too depressing. Don't want to push all of you into pits too...

a little traveling~ we went to visit cousins and aunts and uncles in TN. We had such a fantastic time. It was wonderful to spend time with family that we don't get to see all that often, and oh my heavens did Anna have a fun time! She played til she dropped every night. Her cousins are all boys and they are such great kids! I was so impressed. The oldest one is Alex and he was so great with Anna- carted her around and played with her and entertained with never a hint of irritation. I wanted to pack him up and bring him right back home with me. The second cousin is Brexton and we didn't get to spend quite as much time with him because he didn't spend the night at my Aunt and Uncles, but Anna would just follow him around all day if she could. The youngest is Ande- he is just a little bit older than Anna and they hit it off and played and played. I loved loved loved watching Anna playing with her cousins- she was wild and crazy and loved on those boys like she'd been around them every day of her life. My Aunt and Uncle made us feel so welcome- food was incredibly good and so was the conversation. Notice which one I mentioned first...sigh. Here are some pics of the trip.

Alex and Anna

Alex, Brexton, Grandma Sue, Ande, and Anna at the city park



Ande and Anna watching tv in Aunt Wanda's room


Ande with his gigantic leap into the pool


Ande, Alex, and Anna

a little peeing~ that pretty much says it all. My meds make are supposed to help drain off the excess spinal fluid from pressing into my brain. (speaking of which- I get the weirdest things happening to me. I mean really- the odds of this happening to me were less than one percent. anyways..) I have started to feel better in the last week- a lot of my symptoms seem to be going away and the "I literally am too tired to continue moving around today" feeling seems to be going as well. The fogginess is lifting from my brain. Not sure if those problems were an effect of the fluid trying to crush my brain or something else entirely but man am I GLAD they are going away. Glad to be mostly rid of the horrible sharp headaches too. Still get those occasionally but at least they're decreasing. I'll take the inconvenience of peeing every 5 seconds and the weird tingling in my hands and feet any day. And for the record, I am doing very well on my diet so am hoping to add some exercise back into that soon and start seeing some good results from that.

making some lists~ mostly just of stuff that I need to do...

starting school~ I'll try and contain my excitement when I write about school so I don't irritate everyone. :) I think I'm going to like my professor- same one for both classes. I have heard her tests are hard but she seems to be very fair so far. Gives us lecture notes already typed up except for small pieces of info to write in (I think just to make sure we stay in class?), adds in 5 pts extra credit to each test, tells us when quizzes are (I HATE pop quizzes very very much), and said we are only responsible for things we go over in class. I am hoping this will cut down on my crazy note-taking that I did the previous two semesters. We'll see. I sure do love A and P- its just so interesting how everything works together and works in such small details. One of these days I'll break out my books and give you some cool examples of how tiny tiny mistakes in the cells can cause huge huge problems in the body. I know you'll be waiting breathlessly. I have class with one of the girls I met last semester and I really just love her to death. We are hoping to go through the entire program together. There sure were a lot of young girls there....wow... I am gonna be an oldie in that program.

all the other stuff~ ok all the other stuff isn't really blog worthy so I won't type anymore tonight. :) Stay tuned for more school adventures!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Ok...when you said "a little bit of peeing" I thought I would read about Anna and potty training! Ha! Good surprise. Happy Birthday today!