Hello again from the land of no blogging~
I kinda hate not maintaining this thing very well but life seems so unsettled and like there is so much just hanging up in the air that I'm afraid to speak of something in case it crumbles to dust or blows to bits or whatever the case may be! Things change so fast these days so I guess it's easier to not put things down for the world to read about.
I do have some things going on however! So I guess I'll take the chance and fill you in and if things change because of something outside my control - well they just do and that's that.
So first of all- my nursing program! I ordered all my equipment and scrubs for my nursing program- all I lack are the ugly white shoes. Blah! Even I know plain white leather shoes are a no-no! Kind've a fun reason though- it's cause they want you to be able to see the bodily fluids that will most likely fall on your shoes during your shifts! ha! I can already tell this nursing thing is never going to be boring to say the least! I love the scrubs- LOVE THE SCRUBS! They are a very pretty eggplant purple- and seem to be pretty comfy- esp once they've been lovely thrown through several wash cycles. :) Can't wait to have those as part of my normal clothing routine. Not that it will be THAT huge of a departure from my normal jeans and t-shirt. But at least I'll look undressy for a reason now. (at least on Mondays and Fridays!) I start my program in mid January- right off the bat I am in clinicals- reporting Monday morning at 6:15 sharp. I am really getting excited about getting started- its hard to realize and stressful to contemplate but I just am in love with what I am doing so far. So let's all pray that continues :) I think we hit all the major departments at the hospital but I don't have my papers right here in front of me so I'll have to share all that later.
Classes this semester are still going well. I have strong grades in both so heading into the final weeks will be a little less stressful. I still really want to do a post on some of the most interesting things I have learned about the human body but I have to get all my thoughts together for that and they have been decidedly NOT together lately. Nothing else gross going on in microbiology- we are in the final stretch. Studying all the specific microorganisms and what diseases they cause which is interesting. Next time you tell me you're sick, I'll tell you what organism caused it. :) In lab (ugh, I don't love lab) we are hopefully going to correctly identify our mystery microorganisms this Friday after doing several tests on them over the last two labs. My partner, (grrrrrr) almost screwed us completely by forgetting to invert the petri plates upon which our organisms were growing in the incubator which could have killed them before we even got started. Luckily, I happened to be standing right behind her (and by happened I mean intentionally followed her around to make sure she wasn't messing up) and saw the mistake and was able to sneak around and fix it without her knowing. She's a little sensitive to say the least. A and P is even more interesting this semester- learning a LOT more than I did in the last class. Which is scary and disturbing since that was supposed to be everything I "needed" to know. Yikes.
On the home front, I had my lady from Upper Case Living come today and help me put up my wall decor. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I am so excited about how it turned out. Now I just need to get to work on every other single thing in the room. :) I also finished my tv center project - I really like the way it looks but I am sure Adam will hate it when/if he ever notices it and everyone else might too! But I like it so I'm leaving it! I'll take some pics and post them later.
Other than that and taking care of my sweet baby girl, there is not a terribly lot of interesting things going on right now. Looking forward to the holidays, trying to work with Anna on some "schoolwork", doing some reading and some farming (hehe- I love farmville!), and I guess that's about it.
1 comment:
Scrubs are great, and I'm totally jealous that you get to wear pretty purple and I'm stuck in ugly blue
Post a Comment