Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Craziness

So I've had some craziness since the last post- not too serious- just enough to keep things interesting. Anna's had two viruses in the last two weeks- first one with stomach issues, this one is just some crazy weird rash all over her skin. I thought it was chicken pox at first but doctor says just a virus. I've done a TON of note-taking. I think I finally got some sort of idea of what the heck I am supposed to be doing for my classes so I had to go back through and reorganize everything, adding and subtracting and rewording all my notes. We did our first clinical at the hospital- that was fun. We got to bug some nurses and PCA's. :) I don't think the nurses really wanted us there. I was told that "nurses tend to eat their young". Destiny- thoughts? :) I guess there really isn't anything else interesting to say- actually there probably is but I'm tired again (big surprise!) I have some pictures of Anna in her gymnastics class. So I think I'll just post some.

 


1 comment:

D said...

Haha, I've heard that saying too Amber. I think it's mostly the old-school nurses that are like that still and thankfully most of the "old-school" nurses are either retired or close to retiring. In my experience everyone was pretty nice. The only thing we really despise in nursing students are the overly confident, especially when they can't back it up.
As long as you're eager to learn, ask your nurse before you do ANYTHING to/with your patient, and ask your nurse how you can best be of help you should be ok :)