Clinical week 2 was uneventful. Had a wonderful patient. Orthopedics is a nice floor- everyone is mostly well, mostly going home soon, and mostly cheerful. :) Got to change another dressing, do some discharge work, give some meds and not much else. Ah well... there's always next week! I sure love working with the patients though. I can't wait to get some time at the nursing home. I like the nicely aged adults- esp the crazy ones! Adam is horrified by my desire to work with older adults. Well, I guess really, he's just horrified at the thought of any and all nursing activities.
Anna's doing fabulously in school. She can't wait to go every morning. I get to read to her class next Wednesday. I worked for the school this weekend and did an impromptu garage sale. Got to spend some time with the head of the school so that was fun. I think I've heard that the kids call her "Dumbledore". The school does have gigantic wooden front doors. :) My kind of school!
Anna and I are both very much anticipating the arrival of her cousin. She just can't understand why its taking so long for that baby to get here! She told me the other day that Aunt Stacey needed to have 13 babies. I texted Stacey about that and her only reply was "well...that seems a little excessive...." :) I think Aunt Stacey is going to regret (well perhaps I should say that I'm going to regret.....) the fact that she asked Anna what she should name the baby. We've had names like Morty, Max (not that I don't love the name Max cause I do in fact think it's an adorable name- its just that when Anna says Max she would be naming it after Goofy's son....) and other equally funny names that I can't currently recall. I'm about 99% sure Anna actually thinks that she gets to name the baby....
My dog and cat are driving me out of my mind. The cat got out the other day and I made the mistake of looking for her... cause we found her and since then she's peed on something of mine like 5 times even though her litterbox is perfectly clean. Molly still treats my house like her personal toilet.... I really don't know what the heck is wrong with that dog. ARGH!
I am completely behind on my homework due to the whole "having balance in my life" crap. No just kidding. Kind've. No seriously - balance is good. Great even. It just makes me a little crazy in the head to have so many things sitting around needing done. Balance.... balance....
I'm attempting to learn to cook at the ripe old age of ...how old am I? 33? I think? I'm tired so shut up. I've never been much of a chef- I like to bake but only if there is a clear recipe. So I figured I'd tackle the fine art of cooking without a set in stone recipe. It's been interesting.... I rather hate screwing things up so that's been great for the self-confidence.
Did I already mention that I have a lot to do? Tomorrow and the next day and the day after that. Good times.
1 comment:
I'm pretty sure she thinks she gets to name the baby too.....
Post a Comment