Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Looking forward

It hit me the other day that I am actually really looking forward to this semester. For the first time, I feel really confident with all the skills we need to know and I am ready to get some great experience in. In all these previous semesters at the hospital, we've had one patient who usually already has whatever IV, catheter, or other necessary tube in place. So when we got a chance once or twice a semester to actually perform a procedure on a patient, it was a BIG DEAL!! This semester, during the second half at least, we will be working with a nurse and having 6 or so patients a day. Which ups our chances of getting some consistent experience greatly. Which makes me excited! I just really want to be a fantastic, efficient, compassionate nurse and I think that nurse exists deep inside. She just needs some confidence to make her appearance. I'm tired of being a student who knows nothing. I'm ready to move on to being a "new nurse" who also... knows nothing... at least its a step forward! Plus, actually bringing in my own money will help my self-esteem and confidence in so many ways. The last few weeks have been tough for me. Really really tough. So much has been taken away- I'm ready to experience some better days. So Anna starts school again next week, I have my last skills fair EVER- woo hoo!!!, then my classes start the week after that. The next year will be a whirlwind I'm sure. I just hope I have the courage and strength to do well, learn a lot, make sure Anna stays healthy and happy, help Anna through the transitions of Daddy moving away and Mommy working full time, get a job, do well at my job, KEEP the job! Should be an interesting semester and an interesting year. Everyone pray for me!!!

1 comment:

Stacey Stafford said...

I think that nurse is very near the surface! You've done great through school, like I knew you would. I'm so proud of you and all you have accomplished!