Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Boogers

That's right- you read that correctly. This is a post about boogers. My child's boogers to be exact. I just finished posting that last blog when I look over and see one waiting on me- holed way up in Anna's nose. So here is my question and also my gripe- what the "h-e-double hockey sticks" hold those nasty things in there so tightly? I don't understand it! I feel like I am trying to dig super sticky glue from an alien planet out of her nose! Such a simple thing and it takes me 10 mins and 50 tries to get it out. And you can't just leave them there because of all the other "judge-y" moms out there just waiting to see something like that and call you a bad mom who doesn't take care of her kid. Plus... come on- its gross. It has to go. So picture me holding Anna down on my lap- literally- begging her to hold still for one second instead of kicking me and the floor and twisting and screaming and crying and jerking her head away as fast as she can. And of course- you don't ever succeed in getting it out of her nose on the first try- nor the second or third. Hence the alien glue theory. And once it is out of her nose- it doesn't just come off- it smears all over her face. Nice. Poor baby. And poor mommy! You don't ever notice Daddy or Grandpa helping out in boogerville. Nope that job is all mine.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Did you really just dedicate a whole blog to your child's boogers? I'm feeling a bit ill as I eat my cereal at the moment. hee hee. You know you are a mom when............you dedicate blogs to boogers! Way to go Amber!

Amber said...

Kara~ I did wonder about posting this blog! (: I actually warned my brother (who reads my blog like the great brother he is but who also happens to have a very weak stomach and no kids) to pass on reading this one! I figured all the moms would also be wiping their own kids noses about this time and might get a laugh out of our shared pain. (:

Julie said...

Hilarious! Yesterday Greyson goes "here Mommy, yucky." I grabbed it without paying attention...Booger. Gross!