I have several things I need to blog about so I am knocking a few of them out tonight all right in a row!
I forgot to tell you what else fun happened to me while we were getting Anna's pictures taken. I was a super good Samaritan and it bit me (you know where) hard! While I was on the floor of the store trying to entertain Anna until they were ready for us, I noticed a purse on the floor kinda tucked in close to the counter. I ignored it for a while, thinking it belonged to someone still in the store. After 10 mins or so, I thought maybe I should go ahead and tell someone it was there, just in case. I alert the nice picture lady, she retrieves the purse and places it behind the counter, and we go on with our pictures. I come back to get my pictures and the place is swarming (there's that word again) with cops and mall security. Apparently shortly after I "helped" with the purse, someone stole it. I could go on a rampage now about how gas prices are causing increases in crime because no one can afford anything anymore, but frankly, I am to tired to get worked up and you probably don't want to read it anyways! So I got to spend a couple extra hours in the mall, waiting on our pictures (that are still not scanned in yet), and oh also... talking to mall security about "what I saw". Which was nothing for the record. The mall security man asked me to hang around longer to repeat this to the actual cops. Because you know- hanging around for longer in the mall with an already tired and hungry toddler is no big deal at all, right? Sigh. I should have just left that stupid purse where it was and kept the extra two hours of my life!
Oh and I guess I will go ahead and give you all a laugh about crazy Amber and her anxiety. I admit that I did suffer a moment or 5 of intense panic that maybe somehow- the guy that took the purse (they know who did it) somehow managed to slip the purse minus all the good cash of course, into MY huge diaper bag (that I don't think ever even left my sight) therefore making it look like I stole it and then he would get away with the crime and I would go to prison for life. Because people, that is how my mind works. Makes you wonder how I function sometimes doesn't it?
Yes I did actually pull everything out and physically search my own bag right there in the store just to make sure there was no purse there.
Yes I realize how insane that sounds.
1 comment:
Hilarious story! I can see you all paranoid about someone putting the purse in your purse! Ha! Who would have even thought of that?! BTW...not a fine of these stripes.
Post a Comment