Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's post

Ok I really tried to write an appropriate New Year's Eve post and it just was not working out. Everything I typed was .... well never mind. So instead, I looked up some funny New Year's quotes to share with you. I saw the first one on my cousin's facebook page and it made me laugh. I'll let you all decide for yourself which one is me!

  • “An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.” Bill Vaughn

  • "New Year's Day… now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual." Mark Twain
  • "New Year's Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time." ~James Agate
  • "Never tell your resolution beforehand, or it's twice as onerous a duty." ~John Selden
Perhaps my New Year's Resolution should be to stop being so cynical?. Just kidding- normally I am all for making resolutions- I think they can be healthy if the person making them is truly taking an honest look at themselves. However, at this very moment in time, I have no desire to do this for myself. It's too much work and I've promised myself that I don't have to think about anything til Jan 14th ;)

Hope that gave you a laugh! Happy New Year! 


1 comment:

Julie said...

The James Agate quote----that's you (and me as well). Although Mark Twain's is hilarious! Happy New Year my friend!