Sunday, January 3, 2010

Weekend Away

I love to go- always been a go-er. Always loved going to see Grandma Ginny and Papa in KC. As I age (sigh) somehow this trip is losing part of  it's funness. Don't get me wrong- I enjoy the time visiting with Grandma- takes me back to listen to her talking. ;) But man... that bed is freaking HARD and it has some sort of vendetta out against my back. And it was COLD this weekend. I mean COLD. But the worst of it is.... no internet. For 3 whole days. Well ok not really- its only half a day on Friday and Sunday but it feels like forever! I mean how am I supposed to keep up with what is going on in the world? Check my stocks? Make sure the government is running things properly... ok I'm know I'm not fooling anyone. I do like to read fox news daily, and I do check other sites... but it's mostly facebook that I miss. I mean, really. How am supposed to keep up with my spying checking in with what is going on with everyone? And my fish in my aquarium? DEAD. Dead! I had to go to all the trouble of having someone click a button several times to revive them for me. My cats and dogs on Happy Pets are hungry, my aquariums are cloudy, some of my fish had died, my farm needs tending! I mean really, how am I supposed to live that way? ;)

*no real animals were harmed in the taking of a weekend away from facebook*

1 comment:

Julie B. said...

I am laughing so hard at this post. True...so true. When I went to my Gpa's for 3 hours I didn't have any internet or cell phone coverage. Wow, thought I was going to start shaking. As for the bed with the vendetta against you..all I can say is "STELLA!" That is my favorite Seinfeld episode of ALL time!