"Life is not about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself." ~George Bernard Shaw
Friday, February 11, 2011
Labor and Delivery
Labor and Delivery clinical was AWESOME- I really want to do my last half of clinical mgmt there next semester. We shall see if that works out. I got to watch a woman labor from the beginning of my shift to about 2 when she had her precious baby boy with me in there watching the whole thing! Those nurses up there are so incredible. I was really, really impressed by their skill. They go from totally calm and talking about their day to top speed action in the blink of an eye and then right back down to no big deal calmness! Next week I go to the postpartum unit. I am very much looking forward to this unit as it is another area I think I might like to work. I had to laugh because my instructor told me that it has a bit of a reputation as a lazy nursing floor because most of the patients are happy and healthy and looking forward to going home quickly with their new little ones. After all this work I don't want the reputation of being a lazy nurse! Ha! But I do really love the new babies and new mommas and being involved in their care. And the nurses that were with me right after I had Anna are the ones that initially inspired me to go into nursing in the first place. So, I guess we'll see where life leads me- and if it leads me to postpartum then I'll just be happy being a lazy nurse on a super happy floor! The super crazy action floors like ER never appealed to me anyway - although I have GREAT respect for those that work them. Just... not for me. Give me the pregnant ladies, happy mommas, new babies, or the older population every time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment