Saturday, June 4, 2011

Moving Day

Movers came today to dismantle my old home. DEPRESSING. Ugh. I dreaded seeing the house bare, dreaded the yuckiness of this situation. This morning I wished I could lay down, bury my head under the covers and let someone else handle this whole thing. But I didn't. I put a smile on my face and got to work. With the help of mom and dad of course. And Adam generously paid for movers to come which made the bad experience at least faster. I only had one slight give in to intense anger and one slight episode of a few tears falling. Held myself together other than that. Not too shabby. We didn't get it completely moved today- you don't realize how much you have til you try and move it. At least I didn't. And it wasn't exactly nicely packed in boxes with taped ends and the destination marked in sharpie either. It was more of a throw things in wherever there is room and a box and hope nothing gets smashed. One more room full of stuff and a few more things to take off the wall. Dad has ever so kindly promised to go over and get the last load for me so I don't have to see the house again. Huge sigh of relief on that one. I so appreciate my parents.

Anna and I are tucked into our beautiful new purple room. I love the wall color. It just says "come Amber, lay down your sadness, relax in the prettiness and girliness and peacefulness that is your new apartment". Ok it doesn't really talk to me but if it could that's what it would say. I already have some plans a brewing in my head for ways to just really turn this into a completely peaceful refuge that is just me. Not a house that has to be perfectly matched, perfectly put together, perfectly adult, but a little apartment just for Anna and I. Just someplace to have the things around me that I love, that make me happy. I'm going to get out every little knick knack that I've put away over the years because it didn't fit into the house or it was too young and revel in the colors and the delight they bring me. Little sparks of happiness and contentment are pushing up through the mounds of yuck to show me their promise. When I get the room all done I'll post pictures of my pretty little hideaway. We're already talking about painting my old bedroom for Anna to have as a playroom/bedroom. I keep telling my parents if they don't quit making it so easy for me to be here that I might never move out again! Just kidding! (kind've)

 

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm so sorry today was moving day. But I am a little jealous of your apt situation :). I have a box full of knick knacks that make me so happy. I would love to put them out. And the purple walls. Love it! Come over one night for a movie. I have the perfect one in mind to keep you laughing.