My days are flying by. I am already staring down the next semester and the looming nclex exam (which gives me my RN license) without having accomplished all the studying I intended to before my world blew up. As I told mom today when she ever so nicely and lovingly told me "you've had a lot on your mind" - having a lot on my mind has to stop being an excuse at some point!!! I feel overwhelmed at everything that needs to be accomplished before school starts and really in the next few weeks. And I really really must pay some attention to my studies!
I am going to sign up to run a 5K hopefully this October or November. It'll be my first 5K in several years but I restarted my couch to 5K program with my sister-in-law so I'm hoping to be able to run it almost completely by then. Doing the 5K's are such a motivation for me and I really really enjoy the sense of community and accomplishment that comes with them. My parents have my old treadmill in the basement and my mom has a pilates machine down there and it actually stays less than 1,000 degrees down there as well so I've been able to stick to my program so far. My wonderful brother also helped me get my music situated back on my phone so I am able to listen to that as well which makes the time go by so much faster!! I'm not concentrating so much on total pounds lost as just getting healthier every day. I just want to be healthy and hopefully the weight will come off as I accomplish the other. I am looking for a partner to run the 5K's with if anyone out there is interested!
No comments:
Post a Comment