"Life is not about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself." ~George Bernard Shaw
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Rainbows
I'm sitting here at my desk thinking that I need to get organized so that the second half of my day is as productive as the first half. As I went to grab my little "to do" pad of paper that I keep handy I happened to grab a stack of notecards Anna had drawn on and then given to me. (she loves to use my school supplies to do her "work"). All five of them are pictures of her interpretations of rainbows. One with trees, one with skinny lines and the exact rainbow colors, two with great big thick lines of all different shades of rainbow colors drawn horizontally across the page, and another one with skinny lines with all sorts of different shades of rainbow colors and the colors are backwards. I love my little girl. She is my rainbow. She is the reminder after the dark and scary storm and sometimes the reminder while the rain is still gently falling but the sky is getting lighter and then sun is starting to shine through again. My rainbow is sometimes exactly right, sometimes crazy, sometimes just all turned upsides down! But she is always colorful, always popping up in smiles even after her own storms of sadness. She colors my world with happiness and purpose and love. She is what makes everything in life worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What an amazing post. Anna has been a bright spot in this family since the day you told us you were pregnant. I love that little girl more than life itself! Thank God for rainbows, cause how else would be live through the rain?
Post a Comment