Sunday, October 16, 2011

Halloween


So one of the things I've decided to concentrate on over the next year is developing some really fun traditions for all the holidays for Anna. I've never really done a great job of decorating because it was always too expensive and I was the only one in the house interested and I never knew how to just decorate just a little ;) Well, now in our cozy little apartment, its going to be easier to decorate like crazy. Now, I didn't start early enough to get Halloween done well, and money is still very tight until I get a job so I won't be able to really go crazy until I'm working. But I'm thinking of ideas, and going to start building up a ton of decorations for all the holidays so that Anna has some things that are just super fun for a kid her age. (Anyone picking up on the divorce guilt???) So far, for Halloween, we "boo-ed" 4 families which Anna LOVED. Boo-ing consists of filled up a container with candy and other halloween things (we did severed fingers at Anna's insistence, as well as eyeballs and spider rings), setting it on your friends doorstep, ringing the doorbell, and then running like mad.

She LOVED this- and was so very hopeful someone would boo her back!


We did in fact get boo-ed back- by two people! She was in heaven! And even Max the cat got boo-ed. :)

We've also put together a little haunted house thing that was a nightmare to put together. It's made of that weird material that I've used a thousand times for crafts with Anna and never had an issue with. Never, that is, because I've never had to glue it together yet! No glue but glue sticks will work if you ever find yourself putting one together. And don't count on it holding up to a cat like Max....cause it won't.

We also bought some decorations from a dollar store- they have surprisingly good decorations there! But she decided she was scared of the window clings that she picked out so we currently only have a glow in the dark spider sitting on a web up.

And to finish off Halloween for this year (next year will be SO much better!!!!) Anna and I cut out bats and ghosts and pumpkins and a scary black cat out of colored paper and she glittered them to her hearts content. I am currently covered in glitter after attaching string to all of them. They will soon hang from our ceiling.

I'm looking forward to building up our decoration stores and coming up with other new projects to do for each holiday! Christmas has always been my favorite and Anna gets to have two trees this year! Grandma's and ours. We're having to come up with some creative solution for Max over the Christmas holiday. There isn't an ounce of my poor parent's house that he hasn't terrorized or tried to destroy. I know he'll knock our tree over about a thousand times but I don't want mom's knocked over!! Crazy cat.... the things he gets up to. But that's another post...

No comments: