Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Desert Wanderer (old blog from myspace)

My sister said something the other day that just put me on the floor laughing...
She said that sometimes when she catches herself complaining and worrying and not being content too much she stops and asks God... "Do I just need to go wander in the desert for 40 years?"
Maybe I need to go wander in the desert for 40 years! How much I have to be thankful for and yet I still catch myself wandering into thoughts of "it's not fair" or "if only this would happen". And how important it is to learn to be content in all circumstances and be so thankful for the many many blessings I have. I think I need to add to my goal list.... learn to be thankful and trusting before God sends me to the desert for 40 years!
Wander: 1 a : to move about without a fixed course, aim, or goal b : to go idly about : RAMBLE 2 : to follow a winding course : MEANDER3 a : to go astray (as from a course) : STRAY b : to go astray morally : ERR c : to lose normal mental contact

No comments: