"Life is not about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself." ~George Bernard Shaw
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Scrapbooking....and turning thirty (old blog from myspace)
So I must say that I have really been feeling creative lately! Normally, as my one and only scrapbooking friend (thank you for being my scrapbooking friend Stacy) can testify, I get about one scrapbook page a year done. I always tend to rip them apart-literally- and then try and redo them to make them perfect. But in the last 2-3 months I have completed my baby shower album, done a little album of our many and varied pets over the years, and have almost finished TWO more albums of just random friends pics, overnight trip pics, other peoples shower pics, etc. What is going on with me? Well here is my theory.... and it ties in with my new attitude turning thirty has given me. I don't really care anymore what people think about me.... or my scrapbook pages. And I am really tired of trying to be perfect. First of all- it isn't working. (Hope I didn't destroy someone's world just then). So I just create my pages for the enjoyment of creating them and for the differences on each page. I am looking at each page as more of a reflection of what mood I am in at the moment or what "scrapbooking technique" I want to try out. (Adam laughs about scrapbooking having such serious things as a technique but its true!) I guess I just don't care anymore about whether they are the perfect page or whether OTHER people will think they are perfect. Or whether I am perfect. Or whether I get every single thing done perfectly with Anna and the house and with my family, etc etc on and on. Whew... so much less pressure! (: One of these days I will sit down and scan some of my pages in and post them on here for anyone who actually reads my blogs. BTW- totally off topic- if anyone out there is actually reading these- change your myspace pages! I am getting bored with the same old pages! I mean seriously- get a new background or post some more pictures or something! (: Ok back on topic.... actually... I guess that is all I had to say....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment