"Life is not about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself." ~George Bernard Shaw
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
New Challenge
Ok people- just in case you have been wondering how that whole complaint bracelet thing turned out... well... I suck at not complaining. That stupid bracelet goes on my wrist probably every month for "another try". I hate that thing. However, I am not giving up completely on that project. It will probably still be on my "project" list when I am 70. But... I have a new challenge/slash project! Ya'll know how much I love my projects! For various reasons, (some soul searching, some discussions with one of my bestest friends ever, my husband's newest thoughts, just plain ole' circumstancs, etc) I have come to the conclusion that I need to become a more frugal person. Well, I need to become a lot of things but this post is about being more frugal. Maybe I will talk about the rest of my self-improvements later. I think I have bought into all this commercialism and materialism without even realizing I have done so. Sometimes (or maybe a lot) I have let people around me or advertising tell me what I "should" want. This is craziness! I am feeling the need to get back to basics so to speak. To get rid of a bunch of extras and rethink what I want and need out of life. So, maybe all of this will help me get in touch with who I am really and who I want to be. To find out what makes me happy. And to learn how to make wise choices for our future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ok. Several things.
First of all - love the chocolate background. Saw that one on that website myself and thought it would be a pretty accurate choice for me to use, so - there ya go.
Second - I am impressed. We are finally seeing a picture of that hubby of yours on your blog! Way to go!
Third - Best of luck on that frugal challenge. I know we could all use a dose of reality in that department. Which blog is doing the one year of frugal living? I might sign up for a week of frugal living, but I can't say I would sign up for a year! Kudos to whoever can do it! Good luck!
I think everyone could use a dose of frugality. Society today is out of control. The marketing and advertising is amazing. I hope to read more about you being frugal to inspire me. BUT, when you go squeezing ketchup packets from McDonald's into your Heinz bottle at home---I'm outta here!
What blog do you read about deocrating? I love decorating too, so I'd like to read that one. I hope you don't mind, but I have been reading yours lately. I really like the way you blog. I have started one, but only made 2 posts and now I am stuck. Any advice on how to keep up on it?
Post a Comment