Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Newest Project

As you know, I am a lover of projects, small and large. The latest movement that I have decided to join is the buying in bulk and also buying from orchards and farmers markets.
I went the other day and joined the local sam's club with my parents. Then I went to walmart and wrote down all the things I normally buy per week. We won't discuss what I buy or how much I spend cause that might be slightly embarrassing. (: Once I had the normal prices, I spent 3 days (well it seemed like that long) at sam's trying to figure out what everything cost out there. And then, Adam did all the hard work figuring out if it was actually a better deal or not. Surprisingly, some things weren't. I do think though, that enough things were a better deal to make it worth going out there.
I also went out to an orchard (again with my parents) and we bought some nectarines, apples, and some little tiny grapes that I had never seen before. Anna loved the grapes. I just finished eating my very first orchard apple and it was very tasty!
So now I just need to visit the local farmer's market this weekend and see what other options are out there for me. Heck, I might even grow some of my own veggies next year! Never thought that would be anything that interested me but I am enjoying trying out new things and even if I don't end up liking whatever it is that I try, I am always glad for the experience. (: If I end up really getting into all this then I will take some artsy-fartsty artistic pictures of my pretty produce or some of my bulk purchases! That possibility should just thrill your hearts! (:
So sorry this was maybe a boring blog but thanks for reading anyway!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

grow some tomatoes like me, all you have to do is water them. I haven't killed them yet either!

Julie said...

I love the Farmers Market! Maybe we can go together one night.