Sunday, September 14, 2008

I love fall!

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. I am loving this nice cool weather- the drizzly days...ahhh. Just makes you want to sink into a comfy chair with a blanket and a book and just laze away the day.

So, what shall my beautiful daughter and I do to occupy ourselves this fall? Julie B has inspired me once again with her talk of decorating and baking and celebrating the season. Since fall is my favorite I think I could get into that very easily! So far we have put up window clingy things with cute pumpkins and scarecrows. I am not normally a clingy thing person but my grandma sent them down for Anna and hey... if having a toddler in the house doesn't free you up to decorate with clingy things then what will? We also have some pretty, cheerful yellow mums on the porch. I need to get those in a pot but couldn't decide what kind of pots I wanted. Because that is SUCH an important decision, I am taking my time deciding. I am thinking about letting Anna just decorate clay pots for all my flowers from now on. Cute? We also bought peanut butter cookie dough with fall-y sprinkles to make together this week. We are going to visit a local farm and a local pumpkin patch. I am starting to comb the internet for a cute Halloween costume for Anna. Oh the happiness all this fun, simple, fall-y things are bringing me! I love this time of year!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I love fall too. It's my favorite season. I'm so glad that your catching the fall fever. Now, if I can just get seasonal wreaths on your door you will have officially "fallen off the wagon" too:)

Kara said...

Fall is the best! Just hearing you talk about all those fall things makes me want to whip up a batch of stew and biscuits right now! Oh yeah -and go to a pumpkin patch!!! I just bought baby boy his fall outfit for pics and Little Girl is getting one too! They gotta be in those fall colors you know!!!

Kelley said...

Hey! We met last night at Kara's shower and we talked about the halloween costumes and I thought of you today. I was by the Children's Orchard and noticed they have a whole bunch of costumes, they were having a sidewalk sale or something, but they have a lot! It was nice meeting you!