Ok this is a tad ironic after the last post about how I am not THAT old.... cause you would never know it by how upset I got in class tonight and the reason for the said upsetedness. (you know how much I like to make up words!)
So, we are just going along taking notes as fast as we can write tonight when for some reason, the guy in the back row brings up cloning. No, I did not get upset about cloning. Personally, I don't see the big problem... but that is not what I want to discuss. Anywayyyy... the teacher (the vet) goes off on the 30 min long (at least) side discussion about cloning and horses and armadillos that carry leprosy. So after the first 10 mins or so I start to get a little peeved. I starting thinking things like "ok this is fun but I actually need to know the information in this class" and things like "I am paying you to teach me A and P- not talk to me about horses". And then as the talk got longer and longer and it was completely apparent that the children in the class were very glad to have her off subject and off schedule, I had this thought- "OK, I am not some kid just taking this class to fill in a general ed requirement- I actually need this information for my career. I take this seriously and would appreciate the rest of you all taking this seriously. I like to have fun as much as the next guy but there is a time to work and a time to play and this is a time to work" !!!! So, now, did I sound like an older parent there or what!!!!
1 comment:
Oh boy...I'm not even going to comment on your "old fartness" here. I would totally at any given chance try to get the teacher off of subject :)
Post a Comment