It's ok- I left the last letter off so it's not actually cussing. Those of you that know me, know my sneaky little tricks for getting the thought out without using the actual word. Most people think this is the same as actually saying the word but those people aren't rule followers so they don't realize that as long as you don't technically break the "rule" you're in the clear. This also applies to spelling out a cuss word instead of just saying it. Doesn't count. As for a 30-something year old woman still being worried about cussing...well... mostly I'm still scared of my momma. :) And I don't do it all the often so don't go calling my mom on me! ha!
Ok on to the actual reason for the post...
I have put off potty training til the last possible minute. Don't judge me. This is one area of parenthood that I readily admit I have very little patience for. Not patience for Anna mind you. She's actually doing great. I just don't have a lot of patience for the whole process. It is so much easier to slip a pull up on her and let her go! I know, I know. Don't judge me! I have been "laying the foundations" (fancy way of saying just doing it halfway when its convenient) for about 3 mos now. We have been taking her to the potty and putting her in big girl underwear, etc for a while now. But we are finally buckling down and doing actual full time training now. And it actually hasn't been that bad at all. We have had some accidents this week- the first day at naptime I was not right next to her (first mistake) and for some unknown reason she pulled off all her clothes and peed right on my bed. So that was super fun. Then the next day, I pulled off her undies and sent her in (on her own- apparently I don't learn) to the potty chair. She peed right on the floor. And it was a lot of pee! And you all saw the underwear on the head picture. And we have eaten a LOT of candy the last 3 days as rewards...or bribes- whichever word you prefer. But other than that she is doing quite well- I am very pleased with her- not so pleased with my own self. But hey, can't be perfect all the time right? There's gotta be something that I slack on! Oh who am I kidding- there is no excuse. But I am getting it done so quit judging me!
2 comments:
I hate potty training. To think that I still have to potty train Cooper just makes me exhausted. You and Anna are doing great! She is such a smart little girl that I knew she would pick it up super fast. And if they don't.....I've never seen any kindergartners in a diaper so sooner or later they'll pick it up :)
Congrats on Anna doing so great in the training. It is hard, but ultimately it is SO nice not to be a diaper changer anymore. Panties are WAY cleaner in the end!! She'll be a pro before you know it.
And, as for your header on this post......I am SO calling your mom and telling on you. :-)
Post a Comment