Thursday, May 14, 2009

Vacation Time!!!

Yea! No more studying for a while! :) Actually, that's not true- I'm going to study this summer just to try and lodge all the a and p info really deep in my brain. But at least it's not the cramming, have-to study.

Anna and I are making big plans for the summer- and we have even managed to get started on some of it in between the rain. We are going to play at parks, play at bouncey house places, invite ourselves over to Julie's wonderful fenced in backyard, play on our soon to be beautiful kid-wonderland- back porch, swim, start some daily lessons for Anna as well as Mommy, go to orchards and pick fruit, try everything for kids within an hour or so of us, and just wear ourselves (well mostly Anna) out this summer! I also have big plans to work on some house things that really need addressed. Stay tuned for all that incredibly interesting information.

Anna's birthday is coming up soon so I really have to get to work on her backporch. I have so many ideas and am really looking forward to getting it all put together. Let's all hope someone will come pick up my rock asap so I can get some mulch laid down and have the yard even that much better for her. I can NOT believe my baby is almost 3. That is going directly into the denial file for a while longer.

I am still hoping to get a garden started if the rock gets picked up in time. If not, I have plans to pot some vegetables this next week. I thought for a minute that I had killed my beautiful violas (or pansies or whatever the little tiny pansy looking things are). I couldn't figure out if I was watering too much or what. Then they got some extra water last night from the rain and they are perking their pretty little heads back up so I guess I was dehydrating them instead of drowning them. :( Poor baby plants- that makes me sad. The other plants are doing pretty well despite Anna adding rocks and grass and digging up their dirt every day.

I get to have lunch with my friend that lives in Alaska today. She is visiting for her sister's graduation. We grew up together so I am looking forward to catching up with her. I just saw that she commented on facebook that it is too hot here! Ha! It's only 70!

Other than that, I am just working on my lists of things I would like to accomplish this summer- love me some lists! And projects!

No comments: