"Life is not about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself." ~George Bernard Shaw
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
I have birdies!
So you all know I worked like crazy to set up my deck for my sweet daughter. I stuck my hands in more dirt than I have in my life (I am not one of those gardening people that just loves the smell of dirt!), watered my plants faithfully everyday, put out bird feeders, filled the bird feeders, etc all because I thought Anna would enjoy it. I have never really cared to have flowers, never understood the desire to attract birds to your house. So needless to say, I am very surprised and pleased to discover that I am really enjoying my little flowers! I feel bad when they get droopy from the heat or when I can't water them because I am out of town. I couldn't even bring myself to throw away the extra little yellow marigolds that I didn't end up having a place for. I went out and cheerfully bought more dirt (which is expensive btw) to fill in around my poor baby flowers that needs a little more cozy dirt surrounding them. I am silly-ly happy to see baby tomatoes growing on my vines- I find myself asking people for advice on how to do it better and hoping that my watermelon will actually make it in just a pot. And today I actually had quite a few birds on my feeders! Two cardinals (one male, one female), a dove, and several sparrows! Not the fanciest birds around but better than those pesky ravens that just scattered my seed everywhere! The sweet little sparrows (I know- most people don't like them but I always think they are actually pretty little things even if they are a little plain) were taking shelter under my table today from the pouring rain. so Yea! I am already making plans for how to do it better next year, what flowers I would like to try, how to fix up a bigger planter for some bigger veggies, and figuring out ways to stick out some more or better bird feeders. If I keep having pretty birds outside I'll snap some pictures just to prove I had visitors!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe you are a gardner. One day I will have a garden and will be asking for your advice!
Post a Comment