As everyone knows- I failed the "getting your child to sleep on their own" part of motherhood. And when I say failed, I mean completely, totally, with absolutely no chance of even retaking the class kind of failed. And I don't really care so don't bother sending me any sleep advice! I've read it all, heard it all, and basically ignored it all. :)
Well, recently, we have added a new thing to the chain of things that must be done to successfully get Anna to sleep at night. When she was a baby, she never really enjoyed having her head or back rubbed or her hair played with. In fact she hated it so much that I questioned how in the world our genetics could actually make up a child that didn't like having her back rubbed.
Somehow, in the last couple of months, this has all changed. One night she actually let me rub her back. SHOCK! Now, the girl wants her back rubbed every single time sleep is even mentioned! Not only does she want her back rubbed, she wants it rubbed until she is in that deep nothing will wake her up stage of sleep. I apparently stopped rubbing her back to early one night because the poor little thing raised up and looked at me with sadness in her eyes and exclaimed "but my back is still rubby!'
No comments:
Post a Comment