Monday, May 4, 2009

Today

I am weary. I have been immersing myself in dissected cats. Well not literally. You know what I mean. I have my lab practical tomorrow evening. It is shaping up to be a yucky one. The first lab pracitical I was all jazzed up by the whole "no one does better than an 80 on these tests" thing. Right now I am just tired and I don't want to study anymore. So hopefully that doesn't bite me. I probably won't be reporting my score on this one! I have a blog started with a list of some of the interesting things I learned this semester. I know you can't wait til I post that one!

I have been blog surfing- some of these blogs are so beautifully written that it makes me feel silly even posting mine. But alas, I continue.

Anna is definitely about to turn 3. Holy cow- the things that she says these days. If I wasn't so tired I would try and think of some of them to repeat. The last few days we have been playing garage sale because Grandma just had one and apparently that is the most fun thing in the world. She is very funny about what she will and will not allow you to buy from her. She even managed to con a real dollar out of daddy. Yesterday during what was supposed to be naptime, she poured out a glass of water on my nightstand and papers and then while I was frantically running to the bathroom for a towel, she grabbed the highlighter I mistakenly left for one millisecond by her and scribbled all over my bed and pillow with it. And she wasn't one bit sorry- she thought it was hysterical! and I must admit... I did snicker a little over the maniacal grin on her face.

We planted some flowers today. Just in pots because the rocks in my yard still aren't picked up. I hope that guy calls me back soon- I really want those g-o-n-e. Anna mostly dumped dirt on the floor and counter but she had fun! We had to plant inside because somehow I managed to buy flowers during 12 weeks straight of rain and no sunshine and they were starting to wilt from being in my garage too long. I was afraid to put them outside in their little containers because I didn't want them to drown. I must admit... the ones I potted look a little sad and droopy. I hope they perk up soon. I think I will be one of those people that gets attached to their flowers- and I will be sad if I kill them. Which is a distinct possibility. I get attached even to little things- I had little bity fish once and they died and I was really sad about it. I'll sing the "don't die, don't die... because living is good and dying...not as good" song to them and maybe that will help.

Speaking of fish- I am going to defy all advice from the fish people and put a goldfish in a bowl. I'll probably be punished by another fish dying (or I guess the fish really is the one punished...) but I really want a goldfish and I REALLY don't want a tank. I mean seriously, didn't goldfish live in bowls for years when we were kids? Now goldfish require the whole tank setup? There is also a possibility that my guilt over possibly killing a fish with the wrong home will overwhelm me at the moment of purchase and I will settle for a beta. Which, no offense to anyone that has one, I don't really like. I think they are ugly. But Anna wants a fish so a fish we must have. She wants a dog too... but I shudder at the very thought.

Ok off to bed after one more quick look at the notes. TTFN! (sorry- too much Tigger being watched these days!)

4 comments:

Julie said...

I love this blog. I love the "don't die flowers" song, the hi-liter story (thank goodness it wasn't a sharpie), and the fact you want a fish. BTW...our fish did die when we were little, but our parents just ran out and bought another .50 cent goldfish and we never knew any better! :)

Kara said...

Ah Yes. Ta Ta For Now. Gotta love it!!

Stacey Stafford said...

Man that little girl cracks me up! That little devilish grin gets me everytime! I say try the goldfish in a bowl- what do the fish people know?

Brad Logan said...

Like it or not, you're your father's daughter...those fish are doomed.

Guess its time to pull the upside-down pewter fish out again...