Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring break approaches!

Two more tests, 3 more days of class/clinicals-then a break! Yea! I can so use it- for real. Like right now. I'll settle for in a week. I have several projects brewing in this brain of mine- and only one of them is for school. Luckily that one is almost done due to smart thinking and non-procrastinating on our parts.  :) I think it will surprise no one that housecleaning and organizing is top o' the list! I swear I organized every inch of this house before I started school. I distinctly remember doing it. And yet somehow, its like a tornado ripped through my home and threw everything in different rooms, drawers, closets, and cabinets. Talented tornado. I HATE feeling disorganized. I always have the best of intentions after a good organizing fit that I will never again fail to put something back, clean as I go, and prevent messes before they get out of hand. Not really sure what happens there.... I just went in to pick up Anna's room before bedtime and it is such a disaster area that all I can really do is pick it up to make it technically "tidy". Cause it would take several hours to put each and every small and teeny tiny toy, animal, phone, sock, doll, paper, bottle, necklace, pom-pom, and letter magnet back in the specific spot that it belongs as opposed to just whatever toy box or drawer is nearest. I'm one of those people that really much prefers every toy to be with toys of that general (or sometimes quite specific) nature. For instance, her 3,472 little toy animals all belong in one of 3 small boxes underneath her Little People Zoo. And all doll related items and dolls themselves belong in the closet- either nicely laid in cribs or in the highchair or in the toy box in the for that purpose. All all toy kitchen items belong nicely put into whichever area of said kitchen that I have designated for them- ie root vegetables in the bottom basket, fruit in a bowl on the counter, cold items in the fridge. It all makes sense. I guess just not to an almost 4 year old! :)

This is realistically the only project I will have time for over a weeklong break considering the fact that I really do need some rest. That is said with as little overdramatization as possible. I'm exhausted. I will admit to being one of those people that really likes to sleep and sometimes I do overstate my need for rest. Not so much this time. And Anna really does need some good momma/Anna time. And some outdoor play time. Poor kid- she is ready to play at a park for several days in a row! I hope its nice so we can fit some of that in. Maybe it'll even be nice enough for the zoo- she'd love that!

Maybe I'll have time to at least get a start on some of the other things I would like to do between now and next fall. I want to completely redo my kitchen and living room decor. The playroom needs some tweaking as my memory board didn't hold the pictures as well as I'd like. Some extra glue should take care of that. This summer I am painting the entire house. I know- ugh. But it REALLY needs it BAD. Same basic color scheme except in the hall bathroom. Will probably change the main wall colors just a tad. I have big ideas for working with Anna this summer- Adam got a book to help me teach her how to read. I read well myself so you'd think I'd having teaching someone else to read down pat. Not so- I have absolutely no idea how to proceed. She knows her letters, knows a lot of what they say, is learning how to write them (and doing quite well if I do say so myself). Now we just need to put it all together! We're also going to learn all about animals this summer-so I need to sit down and work up some sort of a basic lesson plan to keep me on track. Anyway, all that to say, that I have lots of things I can be pondering on over the break to get a jump start on the summer.

I won't lie though- I'm doing some being lazy over break too. If it's nice I'm letting Anna run wild outside while I sit in my comfy outside chairs with a book. Ahh..... I love breaks!

1 comment:

Stacey Stafford said...

Anna informed me the other day that it was not a tornado that ripped through her bedroom, but that it was her. She was really quite proud of it too!