So school starts SOON! For both Anna and I. Yep, this year my sweet baby girl is starting a 5 day a week preschool. Half days. It's in the denial folder so I don't cry my eyes out about being away from her 5 days a week. I'm very excited about the school we have chosen though. I think and hope and pray that it is a good fit for her. I love the building (and the security!) and love everyone I have met so far. We love their philosophy on learning. They have small classrooms, teach Spanish beginning in pre-K, have a fantastic music and arts program, and really seem very progressive in their approach to academics. They teach each child at their own level with the ultimate goal of taking dual enrollment classes and graduating early. They want to instill a love of learning in the children which is SO important to Adam and I. They use a lot of technology in their classroom and they want to teach children how to think and understand, not how to memorize facts. If we like the school and everything works out then she'll continue there through high school. But that's so far away and I'm pretty sure I'm done with her continuing to get big and go away from me so no more talk of that.
So, MY school.... I have to pass skills checkoffs .....AGAIN. And math testing...AGAIN. Geez... No pressure. I have a demo day coming up this week where they go back over everything we learned in clinicals last semester, then hours and hours of practice await me so hopefully the testing is smooth and I don't screw it up. That would really suck. I am looking forward to seeing all my classmates again. I think a few of us are going to meet up and practice skills together. I have no real idea of what to expect this semester as I was so brain dead at the end of last semester that I paid no attention to what they said and just got the heck out of there. Oops... in hindsight that might have been a mistake! I do know we spend much more time up at the hospital this semester so I am looking forward to actually maybe possibly doing some actual nursing! We are on different floors as well as at a nursing home too so at least we'll get some variety. Our text book for this semester is medical surgery so that sounds interesting! Guess we'll soon see!
Ok, off to continue this day-we've been outside playing in the sand and water table and playing with the dog this morning. I think we have some painting and coloring and cookie making and book reading on the menu for the rest of the day! :) Then it's off for some much needed friend time and some discussion of what to do with Anna's room so it's a new "big girl" room. Seriously- how do I stop her from getting older?
No comments:
Post a Comment