Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm behind already

School started again. I'm behind already. Again. Monday was the first day of class. We discussed STI's (I guess STD's is no longer pc?) and the many, many types of contraceptions. We even got to break off into groups (I think most of you know how I feel about group activities) and write a small blurb on a particular type of contraceptive, how it works, WHERE YOU PUT IT, I think we all see where this is going. The best part was when everyone actually held up their particular contraceptive so everyone could see what it looked like. Ah, the things I'm learning.
Wednesday was my first clinical. PEDS rotation. Surprisingly uneventful. I had two patients for the first time. It was a long shift- 615 to 5. And Anna nicely kept me up (didn't realize she was getting sick) most of the night before. I was up most of last night too. I've spent most of today barely conscious on the couch with her.
I guess not much else to report. I have a lot of catching up to do for school so while I'm up checking Anna's temperature every 5 mins tonight I'll work on some of that.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I would've LOVED to have been a fly on the wall when you had to hold up your contraceptive of choice and show how its used. I would've been so embarrassed :) Also, love the new background. Perfect.