"Life is not about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself." ~George Bernard Shaw
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Snow Day
My day has turned changed directions about 4 times already and its only 10:30. I was supposed to be enjoying the company of a friend that I never get to see and her babies but the snow put a stop to that. (stupid snow trapping me inside). At the thought of being trapped inside alone all day with a restless and full of energy 4 year old while feeling like sh.. less than optimal, the feelings of insanity began to rise rapidly. I put out the call for rescue and my sister promised to come over and hang out and work on some decorations for baby Katelyn's room. Yea! No more craziness for Amber! Since I knew some company was in sight, I leaned into the snow day and for some reason (perhaps the crazy had set in a little without me knowing) I decided it was a great idea to start about 10 projects. So I opened up my catchall back bathroom and started pulling out all the accumulated stuff to throw away, put away, or whatever else needed to be done. As I started that I found more and more things that fit in quite well with the decorations I have started for my bedroom and bathroom so I pulled all that out too! The bathroom is about half cleaned out, I have 3 small painting projects halfway done sitting on my kitchen counters, various other things scattered around that need to be put away, my desk is rapidly gathering a large amount of paperwork, my school stuff is half done and school starts Monday, something I need to hang in Anna's room is sitting on my kitchen counter, and laundry is about a quarter done, and I just made the mistake of sitting down. And the crappy sick feeling set in right away of course. I guess I forgot that you should never sit down in the middle of a large project! At least the carpet is vacuumed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment