"Life is not about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself." ~George Bernard Shaw
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Angry January
For my loyal readers wondering how I came through the storms last night....well I am not going to lie- I fled. Didn't even try to brave them. Nope... just ran away. Like a little girl running from a big angry dog. And I don't even care. It was so worth it. I was going to make the stand but when my husband came home and said he would take me to the wonderful safety of my parents basement I went quickly and with no hesitation. And when the storms again raced right above my house, I was so glad and happy to be not there. I am a little confused as to what kind of metal or water or dirt or bad juju or horrific curse resides under my house but there must be something because every storm that goes through Springfield seems to go right over my subdivision! I mean really- that is so irritating. So we raced across town right ahead of the storm. As an interesting side note, Anna is going through that wonderfully fun stage where she thinks it is the height of funny to scream as shockingly ear piercing as possible. Adam however does not think it is funny. So I sang Old McDonald about 100 times for her to keep her from screaming. She likes the horse and pig the best in case you were wondering. In any case, back to the storms. We stayed at my parents house til what we thought was the last storm had gone through. My sister who shares my hatred and dread of all things tornado was there too. When I asked her if she was scared before she got there she said and I quote, "oh... I completely disgraced myself." Ha! I have so been there. So we missed the first of the storms but never fear. I ended up having my share of bathroom floor and pillow time anyway. For some reason I woke up at 230 and the news was sharing the excellent news that more storms were headed straight for me. So Anna and I spent a wonderful ... oh I don't even know... half hour to hour laying on the bathroom floor on pillows and waited the storm out. Good thing I made that resolution to keep my house cleaner right? You should be proud of me though- I was so tired by that point that the panic never rose above medium on the tornado panic scale. Yes that is a real thing. And no you can't see it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Point of advice:
Before you gather every pillow, blanket or generally soft piece of material you own and dive desperately into the bathtub, holding onto your precious dogs, screaming for your husband to join you... make sure it's dry.
Post a Comment