Friday, January 4, 2008

Complaint Free World

"Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea are being tamed and have been tamed by man, but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be." James 3: 5-10

I ordered my complaint free bracelet today since the free one has never come. It was interesting to see how many new sites, etc have popped up promoting this since I ordered the first one. I don't typically like to "jump on the bandwagon" and join in on movements that everyone is doing but this one is hitting a particular area of life that I need to exercise some control over. My short-term goal with the project is to complete the 21 straight days of no complaints. But my long term goal is to stop and think before I allow "bitter diatribes" to escape out of my mouth! And to exercise some control over my thoughts as well. Pure and lovely and noble and good - let us think on these things!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If we can't complain, what exactly are we going to talk about? hahaha Just joking.

Stacey Stafford said...

So... I get that YOU can't complain, but can you listen to OTHER people complain??? I mean, it's just a question, I was wondering that's all.