Saturday, January 26, 2008

Old McDonald had a ....what?

My daughter LOVES to hear Old McDonald. LOVES it. Typically when we ask her if she wants us to sing her a song, we go through the list even though we know it will end up at the farm. She is so absolutely certain of which song she wants. The conversation usually goes something like this...
"Anna do you want Mommy to sing you a song?"
"yeah!"
Twinkle Twinkle little star?"
"NO!"
"Amazing Grace?"
"No- oh!" (she says no with a funny little emphasis on the o)
and on and on til we get to Old McDonald.

And sometimes just in the middle of a drive somewhere or sometimes the very second she gets buckled into her seat, she chirps up "EIEIO?" And if you don't answer or tell her no then it is "EIEIO, EIEIO, EIEIO!!!" Increasingly loud and demanding.

So the whole point of this story is to tell you that lately she has started telling you what animal she wants you to sing the song with. At first it was just horse, cow, etc. Then all the sudden I was singing along and the next requested "animal" was "grandma?" So of course, I laugh and try to make up something spur of the moment that Grandma might say. I think I ended up with ... and on this farm he had a gma...eieio... with a Love you Anna here.. etc you get the point. Well apparently this is the funnest thing ever now. I have sung this song (and Wheels on the Bus) with gma, gpa, daddy, mommy, nana, papa, Joshie, Greyson, Julie, Cooper, Bert, Sue, Ginny, Brad, Stacey, boy, girl, Emery, cheese (yes cheese- the food), burger, airplane, car, helicopter and today she threw me this one.... hippo. What the hell kind of a sound does a hippo make? Or for that matter, Cheese? Seriously! (: It is a fun exercise for the brain to come up with a sound that something off the wall makes quickly enough to sing the song. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I've got a song for you..."Old McDonald had a paranoid mommy who's afraid snakes are going to bite her bum" EIEIO. And on that toilet we heard a scream...EIEIO.

Julie said...

HaHaHa! That is the funniest thing I have ever heard come out of Julie's mouth! That is Hilarious! Now, lets all admit that we actually SANG those words after we read them...

Kara said...

Funny......Even Funnier....Julie b's comment. Sorry. The snake joke is a good one! :-)